ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY FEE
1. This tournament is only open to Salmon-A-Rama participants. All anglers on each boat must be registered in Salmon-A-Rama to participate.
2. The entry fee is $150 per boat.
3. All applications and payments must be received no later than July 13, 2018 at 6:00pm.
4. Entry fees are non-refundable after July 13, 2018, 6:00pm, except in the event of the cancellation of the tournament. Any refunds will be made by mail via check after the conclusion of the tournament.
DATES AND HOURS
1. The tournament will be held on July 14, 2018. Rain date will be Saturday, July 21, 2018.
2. The tournament schedule will be as follows:
a. Captain’s Meeting – Friday, July 13, 2018 Location: Tournament HQ at Pershing Park Salmon-A-Rama tent at 7:00pm.
b. Fishing Period – Saturday, July 14 - 5:00am to 12:00pm.
3. Each boat and crew must have at least one member in attendance at the Captain’s Meeting.
4. The contest will be considered official if a total of three (3) hours are fished.
START AND FINISH
1. All boats must start from and return to Racine by water.
2. Check in will begin at approximately 4:15 am. The Tournament Committee Boat will check-in all boats by visual and/or VHF radio (Channel 68). All boats will be
subject to a cooler check before leaving the harbor.
3. Run Time: Shut gun start as soon as all boats are checked in (approximately 4:30 AM).
4. The official start of the fishing period will be announced by Tournament Control at 5:00am on VHF channel 68.
5. NO lines may be placed in the water before the 5:00am start announcement. You are on your honor.
6. Each boat must be inside the green can at Racine Harbor prior to the end of the fishing period (12:00pm). Any boats that don’t arrive by 12:00 PM will be
disqualified, no exceptions.
7. Each boat must check in with Tournament Control, by VHF radio on channel 68, as they enter the harbor.
8. Every boat must check in at the end of the contest on Channel 68.
9. Each boat must seal their cooler.
10. Each boat must have their boat name on the cooler.
11. A crew member must stay with the cooler.
12. The weigh in will be held at Tournament HQ at Pershing Park. Shuttle service will transfer coolers and crew to Tournament HQ as necessary. Shuttle Service will
be available at Reefpoint Marina near the Brew House Restaurant and at the Small Boat Basin.
13. All coolers must be in the weigh-in line by 1:00 PM.
1. All winners will be determined by the Tournament Committee, and their decision will be final.
2. Winners will be determined on the total accumulation of points. Points will be assigned as ten points per fish and one point per pound.
3. The following species shall be eligible for points: COHO SALMON, CHINOOK SALMON, BROWN TROUT, STEELHEAD OR RAINBOW TROUT and LAKE TROUT.
1. The prize money pool will consist of 85% of the total entry fees collected. The other 15% will go to the Salmon Unlimited to help improve the Lake Michigan
2. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 25% boats entered based on the following percentages of 85% total entry fees. An example prize structure based on 30
boats is as follows:
o 1st Place $1300
o 2nd Place $800
o 3rd Place $600
o 4th Place $400
o 5th Place $300
o 6th Place $250
o 7th Place $200
3. In case of ties, the prize money between the two or more places the participants would have won will be divided equally between the tied contestants.
4. The tournament committee reserves the right to measure boats to determine eligibility for this prize.
5. Participants may win more than one prize.
6. The largest fish caught, regardless of species, will win the $500 DeCore Tool Big Fish Prize. In case of a tie, the money will be split.
1. The Tournament Committee will furnish to each contestant a boat identification number.
2. The boat identification number must be displayed on the Starboard side of the participant’s boat at all times during the contest.
GENERAL FISHING RULES
1. All fish entered must be caught on hook and line in accordance with the DNR regulations of the state which has jurisdiction over the waters being fished.
2. Any violation of USCG or DNR rules will result in immediate disqualification.
Super Sweepstakes 2018
3. Each boat is limited to a maximum of nine (9) rods and a three-person limit of fifteen (15) fish, per DNR rules.
4. Each boat may weigh a maximum of ten (10) fish, with a maximum of four (4) lake trout.
5. Each team is responsible for choosing which of their fish are to be weighed.
6. Fish entered for big fish bonus prizes must be part of the ten (10) fish tournament box.
7. All fish to be weighed must be brought to the scale in a sealed cooler.
8. Fish may be released when caught. Fish to be released must be returned to the lake immediately.
9. There are no distance limits as to where a tournament boat may fish as long as all traveling is done on the water.
10. All fish kept must be logged on the fish log sheet.
11. Each boat that reaches the fifteen fish limit shall immediately cease fishing, bring in all lines, and return to the harbor.
1. At the close of the contest, each boat must seal their cooler with tape and proceed immediately to the weigh-in.
2. Once there, a crew member will disembark with the sealed cooler of fish and signed fish log. Tournament staff will be at the pier by the launch ramps to direct
contestants to the weigh-in location.
3. A crew member must remain with the catch until it has been officially weighed.
4. Once sealed, the cooler of fish must remain sealed until opened by officials at the weigh-in station.
1. Every boat must be equipped with an operating VHF marine radio equipped with channels 16 and 68. All boats should monitor channel 68 for contest information.
1. The Tournament Committee will announce, one hour before fishing is scheduled to begin, their decision on whether or not the contest will be run. The
Tournament Judges may cancel the Tournament at any time when, in their opinion, the conditions could be dangerous to persons or property.
2. The Tournament Committee may also decide to delay the start of fishing or to cut short the fishing due to deteriorating weather conditions.
1. Any and all protests must be made in writing to the Tournament Committee before 5:00pm on the day of the tournament.
2. Any written protest given to the Tournament Committee must be accompanied by a $100.00 deposit, returnable if the protest is judged valid.
3. A panel of three (3) judges appointed by the Tournament Committee will resolve all disputes.
4. Winners and any person involved in any formal protest may be subject to polygraph testing, prior to the awarding of prizes. Such persons must be available to be
tested within 2 weeks of the event.
5. The decision of the Tournament Committee and/or its duly appointed panel of judges shall be final.
1. The Tournament Committee may change or modify any of these rules, as necessary. Any changes will be communicated at the Captain’s Meeting.
1. Each contestant shall accept responsibility to protect persons and property from injury or damage during the contest, and Salmon Unlimited of Wisconsin shall not
be responsible for the safety of persons or property of participants, regardless of cause.
2. All participants further agree to hold Salmon Unlimited of Wisconsin, its officers, tournament committee and volunteers harmless from any liability for damage
incurred as a result of participation in the Tournament, in whatever form or manner said liabilities or damages might be incurred.
- The Tournament Committee may change or modify any of these rules, as necessary. Any changes will be communicated on this website or social media.
- Each contestant shall accept responsibility to protect persons and property from injury or damage during the contest, and Salmon Unlimited of Wisconsin shall not be responsible for the safety of persons or property of participants, regardless of cause.
- All participants further agree to hold Salmon Unlimited of Wisconsin, its officers, tournament committee, sponsors and volunteers harmless from any liability for damage incurred as a result of participation in the Tournament, in whatever form or manner said liabilities or damages might be incurred