Steve Koss Memorial Top Ten

Top Ten 2019 : Contest Rules

[Download PDF](Mail in registration form)


  1. This tournament is open all Salmon-A-Rama participants. You must be registered in Salmon-A-Rama to participate.
  2. The entry fee is $75 per boat Amature division. $150 Pro division
  3. Tickets purchased after July 14th subject to a 24 hour cool down period and a $5 dollar late fee


  1. The tournament will be start on July 14th, 2018 at 12:01 AM and ends July 22nd, 2018 at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time.


  1. All boats must fish Lake Michigan Waters
  2. NO lines may be placed in the water before the 12:01am July 14th. You are on your honor.


  1. All winners will be determined by the Tournament Committee, and their decision will be final.
  2. Winners will be determined on the total accumulation of points. Points will be assigned as ten points per fish and one point per pound.
  3. The following species shall be eligible for points: COHO SALMON, CHINOOK SALMON, BROWN TROUT, STEELHEAD OR RAINBOW TROUT and LAKE TROUT(2 per day).


  1. The prize money pool will consist of 85% of the total entry fees collected. The other 15% will go to the Salmon Unlimited to help improve the Lake Michigan fishery.
  2. Refer to prizes section for payout information
  3. In case of ties, the prize money between the two or more places the participants would have won will be divided equally between the tied contestants.


  1. All fish entered must be caught on hook and line in accordance with the DNR regulations of the state which has jurisdiction over the waters being fished.
  2. Any violation of DNR rules may result in disqualification at the descression of the tournament committee
  3. Each boat may weigh up to 5 fish per day. Of the 5 fish only two may be lake trout
  4. Results are calculated on your top 10 fish weighed in over the course of the tournament.
  5. Each team is responsible for choosing which of their fish are to be weighed.
  6. Upgrades to your total are calculated automatically
  7. There are no distance limits as to where a tournament boat may fish as long as all fish are caught in Lake Michigan Waters
  8. All fish registered for the Top 10 must be caught on the boat that it is registered for in the Top 10.
  9. Each boat can enter the Pro or Amateur division but not both.
  10. Charter boats must enter Pro division.


  1. Can be completed at any official weigh station.


  1. Any and all protests must be made in writing to the Tournament Committee before 10:30 AM CST on July 22nd 2018.
  2. Any written protest given to the Tournament Committee must be accompanied by a $500.00 deposit, returnable if the protest is judged valid.
  3. A panel of three (3) judges appointed by the Tournament Committee will resolve all disputes.
  4. Winners and any person involved in any formal protest may be subject to polygraph testing, prior to the awarding of prizes. Such persons must be available to be tested within 2 weeks of the event.
  5. The decision of the Tournament Committee and/or its duly appointed panel of judges shall be final.


  1. The Tournament Committee may change or modify any of these rules, as necessary. Any changes will be communicated on this website or social media.


  1. Each contestant shall accept responsibility to protect persons and property from injury or damage during the contest, and Salmon Unlimited of Wisconsin shall not be responsible for the safety of persons or property of participants, regardless of cause.
  2. All participants further agree to hold Salmon Unlimited of Wisconsin, its officers, tournament committee, sponsors and volunteers harmless from any liability for damage incurred as a result of participation in the Tournament, in whatever form or manner said liabilities or damages might be incurred.